The majestic town of Gwalior is situated in the center of India, or the province of Madhya Pradesh. Gwalior is home to royal residences, historic sites, and beautiful temples. The town is well known for the Gwalior Fort. One can hire a travel guide in the fort and know the history of the state in depth. Other major attractions are Gujari Mahal, Sas Bahu temple, Teli ka Mandir, Tomb of Muhammad Ghaus and Tansen, Bir Singh Mahal, Padavali, and Bateshwar. Wildlife enthusiasts can consider traveling to the wild trails of Madhav National Park located in proximity to the city.
Top Reasons to Visit Gwalior
- To visit the Gwalior Fort which was called ‘the pearl in the necklace of the forts of India’ by Babur, the first Mughal ruler.
- To visit various sacred temples and also Surajkund, a large tank believed to contain magical water.
- To visit Jai Vilas Palace and witness the great Scindia legacy in Gwalior.
- In December, one must experience the Tansen Sangeet Samaroh (Tansen Music Festival) organized in Tansen Tomb, where musicians from all over the country gather.
- To attend the Gwalior Trade Fair, held in January and February, and gain an insight into the culture and heritage of central India.